Friday, April 17, 2020

Journal entry number 4 of remote learning

Journal entry number 4:
Today is Wednesday April 15th, a green day for all the students of New Trier. This means we have periods 5-9. It has felt like we have been in quarantine forever and I have been feeling really bored with myself and I am running out of ideas. For fun today my family and I raked our yard and all the leaves in the backyard. We put the leaves in 8 different yard bags and worked for over an hour. My mom has been putting us to work by cleaning the house and yard as often as we can. My mom is very eager for us to get outside as well, so today I threw a tennis ball against the garage for around 30 minutes which was fun for me to be active because that is definitely something I have not been doing as much as I should.

So how much longer will this whole quarantine be is what the entire world is asking. Personally I think that it will be at least another month. The safety of everyone is far more important and cases are still happening. In fact, on the news I saw there was a nursing home in Joliet that had 23 deaths. Joliet is fairly close to us and it just shows there are still many cases happening. We need to wait for this whole thing to be over to go outside in my opinion. My physics teacher believes it will be pushed back even farther until May 15th and I agree if not even longer. Obviously this is tough for everyone and everyone just wants it to go back to normal but i'm not sure that's happening anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment