Friday, April 17, 2020

Journal Entry Number 6 of Remote Learning

Journal entry number 6:
Today is Friday April 17th, a green day for New Trier. Today I woke up at 8:30 and checked in for advisory and then continued to fall back asleep like I do everyday because I have the first period of every day free. I woke up a couple minutes before my physics zoom and rushed to my computer. I noticed that when I looked outside the ground was covered in snow which is very fascinating. There wasn't a ton of snow but enough to stick for a couple hours. Who would've thought there would be snow in April I sure wouldn't have. Something very interesting happened today, there has been much talk about governor Pritzker closing down the schools for the rest of the year and continuing with remote learning. This is not much of a surprise for me but it is kind of sad. There are so many things that have been cancelled and this is another one to the list. My baseball cancelled most likely will officially be cancelled because of this and that means two of my sports seasons were cancelled. This is so frustrating and I can't do anything about it. To get through these times the other day my family and I started a very interesting 2000 piece puzzle filled with the many national monuments in the United States. Clearly, life is getting very frustrating and being trapped inside is very tough, and we are simply running out of ideas for things to do. I have recently been trying to convince my mom to buy me a basketball hoop so I can spend more time outside playing basketball because I really need the exercise during this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment