Friday, April 17, 2020

Journal Entry Number 5 of Remote Learning

Journal entry number 5: 
Today is Thursday April 16th, a Blue day for New Trier. Luckily for me I only have 2 classes on blue days and am able to relax a ton. I have been having zooms with my baseball team to be able to connect with some of my friends and teammates which has been good. In fact, my coach has been giving us certain challenges throughout the quarantine. There was a time last week that we had a joint zoom call with the Loyola baseball team and played bingo, New Trier vs Loyola which was a different fun activity. The challenges our coach gave us were to somehow make a remote team picture where we would photoshop everyone in their uniforms together. The other challenge was to create a video of us all doing baseball activities at our homes, for example I took a video of myself hitting wiffle balls outside with a bat. These zoom calls with my baseball team have definitely been a good way of connecting with people and it's been so good to have interactions with people because that's what everyone needs during this time. 
Another good thing for me during this time of quarantine has been being able to spend time with my older brother who has been coming to our house almost every night. My brother is 25 and he lives in Evanston and I wouldn't be seeing him this much if we were not in quarantine. That is one of the positives of this whole thing for me. The other day for dinner we made noki as a family which was a really fun activity for everyone and all these activities have definitely brought everyone closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment