Friday, April 24, 2020

Journal Entry Number 7


Journal Number 7:
Today is Sunday April 19th, today my mother forced my sister and I to help rake our lawn again. By now all the activities my mom has us do are just busy work because if we were not outside we would be sitting in front of the T.V. During the weeks my family and I have been taking adventures out at night for dinner and to simply get out of the house. My moms office is in the city of Chicago and we have many times driven down there to get mail and then a quick dinner. This is a very hard time for restaurants and small businesses, I really feel for the people working at those companies because they could at any moment lose their job. We have seen many millions of Americans declare for unemployment as my brother and father always talk about how it increases. It has gotten near 20%. That is 1 in 5 Americans who are unemployed, which is just mind boggling if you think about it. My perspective on money has definitely changed. My mom is very fortunate to be able to keep her job and there are so many who will lose their jobs and struggle to pay the bills during this difficult time. All I can think of is how quickly this needs to end for all the people who can then go out and find a job. Where will it go from here? 

No comments:

Post a Comment